Hello! My name is Kevin Ly, and I am currently a computer engineering student at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. This projects includes my resume and a collection of projects I have done both inside and outside U of I. I am currently seeking a full time position after May 2017 to further my knowledge in software development.
Web application that allows users to build portfolios and compare against each other. Each user has his/her own portfolio and a standard sum to start investments. Users will be able to buy any stock within his limit and the goal is to have the best portfolio.Ruby on Rails
A basic text editor that was created in order to allow me to become more familiar with python.Python
Kevin Ly, Alvin Wu
As a part of the ECE 385 project, I worked with a partner to build a game that was a mixture of Flappy Bird and Helicopter using a FPGA board incorporating the things we learned throughout the semester.SystemVerilog, FPGA
Tv Show Notifier is a web app that notifies the user whenever the new episode of the show they entered airs. Emails are sent out on the morning of the air date.Python, Django
Kevin Ly, Alvin Wu
For my ECE 110 James Scholar Project, I worked with Alvin Wu to create a obstacle avoiding robot that runs in a straight line until it approaches an obstacle. Afterwards it checks both sides to determine the least blocked and most efficient path.Arduino
Designed and created the event booklet for Filipino Culture Night 2015 within the budget limits of the organization. For this reason, booklet was designed in black and white instead of color.Indesign
August 2013 - May 2017
Was an Edmund James Scholar from 2013-2014.
Courses Already Taken • Data Structures (CS 225) • Digital Systems Laboratory(ECE 385) • Discrete Structures (CS 173) • Computer Systems & Programming (ECE 220) • Introduction to Computing (ECE 120) • Analog Signal Processing (ECE 210)
Courses Currently Taking • Computer Systems Engineering (ECE 391) • Database Systems (CS 411) • Software Engineering I (CS 427) • User Interface Design (CS 465)
May 2016 - August 2016
• Developed internal application that monitored the health of Amazon AWS S3 event notifications system and was flexible enough to extend to and monitor other AWS products. • Communicated issues and problems in daily stand-ups. • Created unit tests, in-depth metrics and documentation for application.
January 2016 - May 2016
• Tested web applications for bugs and to ensure that functionality met user requirements. • Optimized existing code bases for efficiency and readability. • Created functional requirements and documentation for web applications. • Assisted in restructuring SharePoint sites into repository for agency-related learning content.
September 2013 - December 2015
• Troubleshoot computer problems in an efficient and courteous manner • Diagnose and repair hardware problems, completely rebuilding computers to improve customer experience
January 2011 - May 2016
• Contributed to the development and continuous improvement of the frontend website using CSS and HTML • Established an easy to navigate website to assist consumers with finding product barcodes and coupons • Achieved 200,000 pageviews per month and formulated advertising partnerships with Google Adsense, Yahoo’s Media.Net and Escalate Media
May 2014 - May 2015
• Implemented key changes to PSAUIUC.org website to inform members on upcoming events, news and history • Demonstrated interpersonal and effective communication and relationship building while planning and attending bi-weekly events • Concept to completion of event booklet for Filipino Culture Night 2015 based on customer needs • Assisted in the planning and organization of the Filipino Americans Coming Together 2014 conference with over 1,200 delegates
Programming Knowledge and Skills I have: